SUMMER COMMITMENT | May 20 - August 20
- Staff are required to be available for training/work
- Specific assignments and exact work dates are not made until April
MAY TRAININGS | Starting May 20 |
May trainings are paid with the exception of Wilderness First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid course
- Site-specific Scouting Days
- All Staff Day
- Training Trip (unpaid) or Program Support Staff Training Week (paid)
NZ will be accommodated
- Trips run every week of the summer until First-Year Move-In Day Aug 17
- Trips run either Saturday - Thursday (6 days) or Monday - Friday (5 days).
- Work 4-6 trips total, with the potential for back-to-back
- Payment is a base daily stipend of $75
- Trip Leaders are paid for 1 Pack-out Day that takes place before the
trip starts, plus a daily rate for each day of the trip
PROGRAM SUPPORT STAFF:
- Work 20 - 37.5 hours per week with non-traditional
- Payment is hourly with a base rate of $9/hr
EARLY MOVE-IN TRIPS | Aug 12-17
- Most staff will be assigned to work Early Move-in (EMI) trips, August 12 - 17.
Some accommodations may be made for certain exceptions like Band, RA,
WELCOME WEEK | Aug 18-20
- Staff will be assigned to work day programs for WVU’s Welcome Week, between
First-Year Move-in day and the first day of classes. Dates will be
given along with trip assignments.
END OF SUMMER WRAP UP POTLUCK | Monday, August 26, 5 - 7pm
- This potluck is a time for all staff to come together and close out the
summer, including a space to provide feedback about their summer experience
and suggestions for program improvement.